A registered Non-profit company making a difference in girl’s lives!!!
An exciting programme introduced by W&A.
“inform, connect, motivate and inspire the next generation of aviation and space leaders in Africa”
About the foundation
To close the gender gap in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) field and encourage more girls to enter the field, W & A has established a non-profit organisation, Girls Fly Programme in Africa (GFPA) Foundation. GFPA foundation is an information and skills development STEM education programme for school and post-school learners who have an interest in the aviation and space industry or any other STEM-related field. The education programme is designed to expose young women (and the public) to a world of opportunities while highlighting the achievements of women in aviation and space.
The annual programme conducts various exciting, stimulating, engaging and challenging educational initiatives aimed at: –
- Creating an awareness of the STEM field with a focus on aviation and space careers.
- Shaping and developing aspirant aviatrix and future leaders in the STEM sphere.
- Encouraging an excellent work ethic, ambition, goal-setting, drive and focus on our girls.
- Cultivating a culture of community-building and volunteerism among the youth of South Africa.
Existing Programmes includes
- Careers in STEM workshops, focusing on aviation and space
- Design thinking and technology workshops
- Adopt a Pilot, Engineer and ATC day
- Aviation and Space camp
- Fly for STEM campaign
- Annual youth in STEM conference
GFPA Scholarships and Internships
Women and Aviation will be partnering with different organisations and institutions to offer scholarships and internships in the aviation and space industry.